Table of Contents
- Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Information
- Why and When We Share Your Information
- Your Choices
Transfer of Your Information
- Right to Correct Personal Information
- EU Residents
- Changes to This Privacy Notice
- How to Contact Us
- California Residents: Your California Privacy Rights
Information We Collect
We may collect and store information about you in connection with your use of the Site, including any information you transmit to or through the Site. Such information may be collected in three ways: (1) you voluntarily provide information to us, such as by creating an account, or signing up for email alerts, (2) we collect information automatically, such as through tracking tools like browser cookies, and/or (3) from third parties, such as ad networks or social networks, may provide information to us. Each of these methods is described in more detail below.
Information You Choose to Provide
We may ask you to provide us with certain categories of information, such as: (1) personally identifiable information, which is information that identifies you personally, such as your first and last name, phone number, gender, birth date, credit card, mailing address, username and password, location and email address (“Personal Information”).
The following are some examples in which you may choose to provide Personal Information to us:
- When you choose to register for an account to use the Site;
- When you purchase something from us or otherwise engage in a transaction with us;
- When you contact us for any reason (e.g. through “contact us” forms), including for technical support or customer service; or
- When you choose to subscribe to our emails or to receive other information from us.
Information Collected Automatically When You Use Our Site
We typically aggregate the data that we collect automatically and use it in statistical form to determine trends among groups of users, rather than using it to identify individuals. If the information collected automatically identifies you as an individual we will treat it as Personal Information.
The following are examples of information we may automatically collect:
- your IP address, UDID or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”). A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device used to access the Site, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier;
- Other cookies also collect information on your behavior by collecting referring URLS (where our visitors come from, which banners they clicked on and which directed them to our website), pages accessed, times of websites visits.
- your Device location;
Information Third Parties Provide About You
We may supplement the information we collect directly from you on our Site with outside records from third parties (delivered by advertising agencies, analytics providers, etc.) for various purposes, including so that we can deliver the products you have requested, to enhance our ability to serve you, to tailor our content to you, and to offer you opportunities that may be of interest to you.
We collect this information:
- when you use a third-party service like Google, or log into the Site via a social media account such as Facebook. For example, social networks may provide us with certain information about you from your profile on their website such as contact information, demographics, and other information you provided to that website such as your photo, user name, and potentially any and all information that you agreed the social network or other party could provide to us.
- when you request information from or provide information to third parties. For example, you may be presented with an option on our Site to receive certain information and/or marketing offers directly from third parties or to have us send certain information to third parties or give them access to it.
We may use various methods and technologies to collect and store information automatically (“Cookies”) when you use or interact with the Site. This information may be stored or accessed using Cookies that may be downloaded to your personal computer, browser, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other device (a “Device”).
A few of the Cookies include, without limitation, the following (and subsequent technology and methods later developed): Cookies, advertising identifiers (including mobile identifiers such as Apple’s IDFA or Google’s Advertising ID), web beacons, tags, embedded scripts, local shared objects such as HTML5 and Flash (sometimes called "flash cookies"), advertising identifiers (including mobile identifiers such as Apple’s IDFA or Google’s Advertising ID), Browser Fingerprinting, E-Tags and similar technology in connection with your use of the Site, third party websites and mobile applications. For more information about some of these Cookies click here.
Intended to make the Site work in the way you expect. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us whether you have already signed up for an account.
Authentication, Security, and Compliance
Intended to prevent fraud, protect your data from unauthorized parties, and comply with legal requirements. For example, we use Cookie to determine if you are logged in and to remember you and your Device and for fraud prevention.
Intended to remember information about how you prefer the Site to behave and look. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us information from that provider to facilitate your browsing such as languages preferences, or saving the content of your shopping basket or wish list.
Intended to allow or prevent notices of information or options that we think could improve your use of the Site. For example, we use a Cookie that stops us from showing you the signup notification if you have already seen it.
Intended to make advertising more relevant to users and more valuable to advertisers. For example, such information will allow us to enhance the Site, have a better understanding of the products and services you would prefer, and offer you more personalized communications and/or more personalized content on the Site.
We may include in the Site the possibility to share content with third parties or to let other persons know you browsed our website. Such is the case for instance of “Like” and “Share” functionalities offered by social network platforms (“Facebook”, “Twitter”, etc.)
How We Use Your Information
We and our third-party service providers may use your information to:
- to process your order, respond to your requests or questions, and manage your complaints: for example, we use your information to process your order and deliver your products. Or, we may use your information to send you information you requested, or to communicate with you about your account or our relationship: we may contact you about changes to the Site or about service updates. We may also contact you about feedback or about this Policy or website terms. In such case, your information is processed to perform the contract we have with you.
- improve the Site’s quality, engage in research and analysis relating to the Site, track usage of the Site, and provide feedback to third party advertisers that are listed on the Site. We may use your information to customize your experience with the Site and to tailor our marketing activities to fit your needs and interests as we believe that it is also in our legitimate interest to better serve you and respond to your needs.
- provide customer support, message you, back up our systems, allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the Site.
- for marketing purposes: we may use your information to contact you, subject to your consent when applicable, about new products and special offers we think you will find valuable.
- for security purposes: we may use information to protect Moon, you, and our website against fraud, theft or any wrongdoing which may affect our activity as it is our legitimate interest to ensure the security of our activity online and offline to comply with legal obligations.
Why and When We Share Your Information
We may share non-Personal Information, such as aggregated user statistics, with third parties such as ad networks and content distributors. For example, we may disclose the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, advertisements.
Further, we may share your Device Identifiers with third parties along with data related to you and your activities. We do not share your Personal Information that we have collected directly from you on the Site with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless you have consented (either through an opt-in our opt-out opportunity) at the time you provide your Personal Information.
- where we have your consent to do so. For example, to provide you with services that you have requested and that we have agreed to provide to you, such as our products, customer services, and third-party social network connectivity;
- as reasonably necessary in order to provide the Site to you (for example, by providing your Personal Information to service providers we may use to fulfill your order) or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Moon, our users, or others;
- as we reasonably believe is permitted by law or regulation or as is necessary to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Service and/or any other agreement with you;
- We also may share certain limited information, such as Device identifiers, with advertisers and other marketing partners for purposes of gauging the effectiveness of advertising and other marketing strategies; and
- Third Party Service Providers. We may also share your information with our service providers if necessary to enable them to provide services to us, such as hosting the Site, designing and/or operating the Site’s features, network security, tracking the Site’s activities and analytics, payment processing, marketing of the Site, and enabling us to perform other administrative services and functions. We may also share information from or about you with these third-party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests. These third-party providers may share information with us that they obtain from or about you in connection with providing their services or completing your requests. Third-party analytics and other service providers may set and access their own Cookies on your Device and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you, potentially including Personal Information, about you. We are not responsible for those third-party technologies or activities arising out of them. However, some may offer you certain choices regarding their practices. We are not responsible for the effectiveness of or compliance with any third parties’ opt-out options.
We provide you with choices about whether to provide us with Personal Information and whether it is shared. We generally only ask you for Personal Information that is necessary to provide the service you request. You can choose not to give us the Personal Information we request, as described in the “Information You Choose to Provide” section of this policy [LINK]. However, in some cases, if you decide not to provide the Personal Information we request, to perform a contract or when required by law, you will not be able to receive the product or service you ordered or otherwise register on our websites or other media.
Other examples of your choices include:
- If you have elected to receive direct marketing communications from us, you can change your mind at any time by following the opt out link in any marketing communication that is sent to you.
- You can browse our website without providing any Personal Information. We may collect some limited information automatically, as described above.
- You may be able to limit our sharing of some of this information through your mobile device settings, as further described below.
- You can change your privacy settings on other parties’ websites, such as social networks, which will stop or limit our receipt of information from those other websites. You also may choose not to use social features we make available. If you choose to use these features, you should refrain from posting Personal Information that will be visible to others, such as including your email address in a forum or during a chat.
- You may change your browser settings or take other steps to block, manage, or delete cookies. Not all of our websites and online services currently respond to browser “do not track” signals, so you will need to use your browser settings to effectively manage cookies. In some cases, blocking or disabling cookies may cause our websites not to work as intended and some features may not be available.
- You can limit interest-based advertising by opting out at www.aboutads.info/choices/ or www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. If you are located in Europe, more information is available at www.youronlinechoices.eu/. Please note that opting out does not prevent the display of all advertisements to you.
- You could also reset your mobile advertising identifier or limit ad tracking altogether using the settings in your phone.
You can also amend your choices by sending an email to us as detailed in the “How to Contact Us” section below. For example, you can opt out of certain types of processing that we undertake and where any processing is based on your consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
Mobile Device Tracking
As of the Effective Date of this policy, Apple and Google offered the owners of devices that use their operating systems (iOS and Android) with options for limiting tracking and targeting in relation to ads. Please note that changing any of these settings does not prevent the display of certain advertisements to you. Moon does not control your device-level opt-out processes and is not responsible for any choices you make through such a mechanism or for the continued availability, accuracy, effectiveness, or location of that mechanism.
- If you use an Apple device, go here.
- If you use an Android device, navigate to the Google Settings page, select Ads and then choose to reset your Android Ad ID or opt-out of personalized ads.
- To learn about options for many mobile ad networks, go here.
Transfer of Your Information
We will transfer your personal information for any of the purposes identified in this policy to our subsidiaries, affiliates, service providers, and business partners that may be located outside of the jurisdiction where you are located. The laws in those jurisdictions may not provide the same level of data protection compared to the laws in your country. However, we will treat your personal information as subject to the protections described in this policy.
If and when we transfer personal information from the EU to entities within our organization located outside of the EU, we rely on standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission to help establish adequate safeguards. If we transfer personal information from the EU to another party located outside the EU, we will rely on a legal framework that provides appropriate safeguards, which could include the standard contractual clauses, binding corporate rules, the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield program, or another framework deemed adequate by the European Commission.
Right to Correct Personal Information
We try to keep the information that we hold about you accurate and up to date. Should you realize that any of the information that we hold about you is incorrect, please let us know at email@example.com and we will correct it as soon as we can.
This section sets out rights applicable to you if you are an individual located in the European in connection with your personal information and how we handle it. You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us via any of the methods set out in the Contact Us section below. To make such a request, please provide sufficient information for us to determine if this applies to you, attest to the fact that you are a EU resident. You must include your full name, email address, and postal address in your request.
Those rights include:
Right of access. You have a right to know what information we hold about you and in some cases to have the information communicated to you. If you wish to exercise this right please contact us letting us know that you wish to exercise your right of access and what information in particular you would like to receive. We reserve the right to ask for reasonable evidence to verify your identity before we provide you with any information. Please note that we may not be able to provide all the information you ask for, for instance if the information includes personal information about another person. Where we are not able to provide you with information that you have asked for, we will endeavor to tell you why. We will try to respond to any request for a right of access as soon as possible, but we will always do so within 1 month of receipt of your request and verification of your identity.
Data deletion. In some circumstances you have a right to have some of the personal information that we hold about you deleted. Should you wish to have any information about you deleted, please Contact Us using the information below. Where we delete personal information about you, we may still retain some or all of that information for other purposes such as maintaining financial records, protecting or enforcing legal rights, maintaining marketing suppression lists or for technical reasons such as maintaining technical security or our database integrity. We may also retain your information in an anonymized form.
Account deactivation. If you have created an account with us, you can ask us to deactivate that account by contacting us using the information below. We may ask you for other information before we are able to deactivate your account. That information might include information about your mobile device. Other steps you should take should you wish to completely deactivate your account include disassociating your Facebook account from our Site.
Data portability. In some circumstances, you may have the right to request that data which you have provided to us is provided to you, so you can transfer this to another data controller.
Restriction of processing. In some cases, you may have the right to request a restriction of the processing of your personal data, such as when you are disputing the accuracy of your data held by us.
Right to object. You have the right to object to the processing of personal data about you which is processed on the grounds of legitimate interests (see Legal Bases below).
We maintain appropriate security measures in place to prevent Personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your Personal Information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
We use various safeguards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Changes to This Privacy Notice
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, if you need to report a problem, or if you would like to exercise one of your rights under this policy, please contact our privacy team via email, or at Moon, LLC, 2210 E Maple Ave, El Segundo, CA 90245 USA, attn: Privacy.
California Residents: Your California Privacy Rights.
California residents have the right to request the identity of any third parties to whom the resident’s personal information was shared, if such sharing was to enable the third party’s direct marketing efforts. If you are a California resident and wish to make such a request, please submit your request to [firstname.lastname@example.org] OR to opt-out of having your personal information shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, please email us at [email@example.com].
To make such a request, please provide sufficient information for us to determine if this applies to you, attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. You must include your full name, email address, and postal address in your request.